Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Self employed 40 years experience Ob-Gyn
88055251

I recently had an MRI to r/o MS. I have several sx's such as

Customer Question

I recently had an MRI to r/o MS. I have several sx's such as a sharp pain that radiates from my eye to the top of my head, dizziness, left eye twitching, balance issues, lip numbness, numbness below both knees, chronic neck pain, list goes on. My MRI states I have T2 and FLAIR signal intensity in the left frontal Subcortical white matter unchanged from MRI 3/2013. I am looking for more of an explanation??
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: no I do have blurred vision and was told it was due to dry eyes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: my mom had two brain aneurysms in 2010. I do not get migraines maybe once a year. I have had slurred speech before but thought it was my depression meds. Which I take for my chronic back pain
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 month ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., board certified ObGyn. I can answer your question.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok I do not see your response
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry I can not afford to call you
Your symptoms are certainly indicating something occurring with the brain, spinal cord or peripheral nerves. Unfortunately, there isn't a blood test for diagnosing MS and the MRI is the next best thing. The doctor taking care of you has to give you a clear description of what it takes to diagnose MS. I just saw your latest text as I'm texting more information. The more unrelated symptoms that pinpoint an area of brain or spinal cord then the diagnosis can be dependable. I imagine you have seen a neurologist.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No not yet.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I saw my pcp still awaiting his call
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am trying to educate myself because my last MRI I was told I was fine. And we'll I'm not
With all your symptoms, there should be more definite areas on MRI than frontal lobe. You need better answers from what has been done already.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just want to make sure I'm not overreacting and this is normal results for a 42 year old female brain
The element of pain makes some of your symptoms a result of adjusting to the pain including numbness from involuntary tension in those areas reacting to pain. Then there are side effects of pain medications.
I mention neurologist because MRI's don't rule out MS but eliminate other reasons for symptoms.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok Thank you I will ask for the referral to Neuro
MS diagnosis can be scary but at least there isn't a brain tumor on MRI. MS can have irregular episodes and treatment may help but not cure what's going on. Many patients can go years without new definite changes on a MRI.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My Mom's sister and my Uncles daughter has Ms. I have the same sx's as my 32 yr old cousin. Only my vision can back within 30 min and I was told it was an ocular migraine.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will sit tight and keep a log of my symptoms for now. See what Neuro suggests.
A neurologist should be able to set your mind at ease with the problems you present.
Sounds like a plan.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your time
You're welcome.