Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

Had prostate cancer at age 44 (20 years ago), and had

Customer Question

Had prostate cancer at age 44 (20 years ago), and had grafting surgery last year (at age 63) for Peyronie's Disease. I had a 65 degree curve. Between the prostate cancer and surgery for Peyronie's, have some issues with ED, and doctor has had me on daily use of Cialis (5 mg). Have been on this regime for a year, and it doesn't seem to help. Like clockwork, every morning at about 3 am, I get a rock hard erection. However, when I attempt to have sex, I don't get hard enough, and if I do, I lose it real easy. Would it be OK to start taking 10 mg of Cialis per day, and see if that helps?
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Not any formal record. I just know the situation has been repeating itself now for over a year. (Had Peyronie's surgery in June of 2015)
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of. The doctor that did the Peyronie's surgery saw me for the last time in June of this year (2016), and said I should see an improvement soon, but I haven't. He kind of indicated he didn't need to see me any more, and I really hate to start the process all over again. He was almost certain things would improve by July of August of this year, but they haven't. I'm just thinking the 10 mg might work better. Maybe I could try it for a month or so, and see if anything changes?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 month ago.

Hello!
My name is*****
Welcome to Just Answer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 month ago.

Did you try any other medicine?

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 month ago.

Hello again,
I was waiting for your reply.
I am sorry for your symptoms.
For daily dosing, cialis is prescribed in 2.5 to 5 mg. per day.
Increasing the dose may not help.
In as needed dose, it can be taken as 10 mg. dose or can be increased to 20 mg. too.
I would suggest to discuss it with your doctor whether as needed dose will be helpful for you.
Doctor can prescribe other medicines too like Vardenafil, Avanafil etc.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish your early recovery.
Please rate my answer excellent if you are satisfied with it.
Regards.