Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

If your specific gravity is 1.030 and your leucolyte is high

Customer Question

If your specific gravity is 1.030 and your leucolyte is high on a urine dipstick what does that mean? Everything else is normal
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok

This denotes urinary tract infection. You would need a course of antibiotics. You may do following meanwhile;

1) Drink plenty of water and liquids.

2) Cranberry juice.

3) If you have burning urination, you may take Azo which is available without prescription (it is urinary analgesic).

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does amoxicillin help that? Just curious

Amoxicillin can help in urinary tract infection.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just finished a zpack for strep a few days ago does that matter? Also my nitirites were normal too

Z-pack is not very effective in urinary tract infection (UTI). In some UTI, nitrites may be normal.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My doctor called in the wrong script when I had strep and called 875 mg amoxicillin twice a day. Does that work? Also what does the 1.030 gravity mean

Ideally a UTI need confirmation by a culture of urine. That tells about the causative bacteria and the best antibiotic effective against it. Amoxicillin usually work in UTI. Adults generally have a specific gravity in the range of 1.000 to 1.030 Increases in specific gravity may occur in;

a) diarrhea,

b) vomiting

c) Decreased fluid intake,

d) excessive sweating,

e) urinary tract/bladder infection,

f) diabetes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I haven't had much to drink now that you mention it. I haven't had anything since yesterday afternoon. I really don't want to pay for another doctor visit if you know what I mean

Just the urine test won't be conclusive of UTI, if you do not have any significant symptoms like fever, urinary burning, increased frequency, pain etc.

So you may just do following;

1) Drinking plenty of fluids and water

2) Cranberry juice

3) Avoiding alcohol drinks and caffeine drinks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it's nothing serious that I should worry about then

No. It is neither significant nor serious.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

One needs to understand that investigations alone are never treated and should be interpreted looking at the overall picture. So even a positive investigations like urine leukocytes would be seen in the context of symptoms. If there are no symptoms, the importance of positive investigation here would be almost nothing.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 months ago.

My goal is to provide you with the best service possible. If you feel I have done so, then an "Excellent Service" rating is greatly appreciated! If not, please click "Reply" to let me know how I can better assist you with any additional information or clarification.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to be of help!

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
This is the link to my profile: