How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Onlinedoc Your Own Question
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2784
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
Type Your Health Question Here...
Onlinedoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive had a pain that feels like a charlie horse in my upper

Customer Question

ive had a pain that feels like a charlie horse in my upper middle abdomen a few times the last couple weeks
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: it just comes out of nowhere and is relieved by laying down i think
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i've had a pain in my left side before, but all my blood labs have always been normal
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

What is your age and gender?

Associated vomiting,diarrhea?


Alcohol and smoking consumption?

Bloating and flatulence?

Is pain getting worse after eating meals?

Are you taking any medicines?

Burning sensation during urination?

Waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
32 female, diarrhea sometimes, drink wine most nights, bloating and flatulence daily, sometimes worse after meals, no medicines, no burning during urination. was thinking i might have ibs too.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
pain in left side sometimes as well. almost feel like there is a lump but can'at tell
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.

As per your description,possible differential diagnosis may include Gastroenteritis,Peptic ulcer,Gastritis,Irritable bowel syndrome,Diverticulitis.

I advise you to see your doctor for a clinical exam.

In the meantime you can try some self care remedies like

Start OTC Prilosec.

Also take citrucel and probiotic.

Eat a bland food and avoid fat rich diet.

You should limit your alcohol consumption.

Take OTC Gas X.

You should do warm compresses with a heating pad on affected sites.

Also take OTC Naproxen.

If pain is getting worse then visit ER and Ultrasound can be done promptly.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 7 months ago.

May I help you more?
Feel free for further queries.
Waiting for your reply.

Related Health Questions