Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

I had a blood platelet count of 148. My blood platelet count

Customer Question

I had a blood platelet count of 148. My blood platelet count last time was 151. They ordered another Ct scan of my lungs because I had some very small lung nodules after being treated for "B" cell lymphoma. I have been in remission for 2 1/2 years, and I'm big and strong.. i was even given a bronchoscopy for lung cancer 2 years ago, and everything came up negative. So why the rescan?
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes. I have had 2 Ct scans, Both showed tiny nodules, no growth. I never smoked. They thought this might have appeared from infection following chemo. I feel fantastic. I bench press 300 lbs. I am big man all muscle. I exercise vigorously, and neither drink or smoke.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: None that I'm aware of except that I had a tumor from from eye removed that showed "b" cell lymphoma . it was excised. i received 4 sessions of "R" Chop treatment and 18 sessions of radiation. I have had 3 MRI's of my sinuses, and no cancer cells were found. So do I have anything to worry about?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 month ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Lung nodules need to be monitored to check for any increase in size /evidence of turning malignant.Small nodules are likely to be benign but keeping a check/record is usually required ,especially since you have already been treated for a malignancy. Ritoximab(the R in R CHOP) and CHOP usually works wonders in B cell lymphoma,but proper monitoring is usually required to prevent any thing new from developing.Your oncologist/doctor will probably be ordering lung scans at regular intervals .This is to ensure that there are no metastasis or changes in the nodules.The scan is basically peventive in nature.