Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I quite often have had lower right abdominal pain that

Customer Question

I quite often have had lower right abdominal pain that sometimes starts around navel as well as no appetite. I have a question I know this and so does my mom I have never in my life had my appendix removed and each time I have a CT Scan done. The doctor whoever the doctor is at time always my CT Scan comes back and it doesn't show my appendix it has never been seen or located on a CT Scan. How can that be possible that my appendix doesn't show up when both my mom and I know I never had surgery to have it removed.
Like I was in the ER last week for same lower right pain did CT Scan because doctor was very sure it was my appendix but, the CT Scan didn't show my appendix but showed my bladder distended. So they drained my bladder I think about 1100cc of urine is that considered a lot of urine. I go to bathroom several times a day with no problems. So Doctor last week put down a diagnosis I never heard of as well as some of my neighbors who used to be nurses called bladder outlet obstruction so Doctor wants me to see a Urologist. I have an appointment with Urologist this Wednesday what do you think the Urologist will do during this first visit with a Urologist.
So I want to know information about why appendix doesn't show up on anytime I have had CT Scan when I know I never had it removed. And if you know anything or heard about bladder outlet obstruction and what you think Urologist will do at first appointment with a Urologist.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  DrPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

do you have any other medical issues?

Expert:  DrPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

just click send to reply