A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have a urology question

Customer Question

i have a urology question
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a small about 1 inch sensation on the left side of the shaft of my penis. it feels like a very small cord, like string and when erect it is a bit more noticeable. it doesn't hurt and is barely noticeable when not erect. it comes and goes but has now been noticeable for about 3 weeks. i was wondering what it is. i masturbate about 2 times per day. I'm 51.

This is most probably lymph channel inflammation. I'm afraid the only "cure" is to avoid sexual activity for a week or so to allow it to heal on its own. Don't worry about morning erections, or the two-four erections men get during the night during sleep. This doesn't affect anything. It's just external manipulation, either masturbation or intercourse that irritates the inflammation.

This should clear it up in a week to 10 days (yes, I know, that's a long time). If it doesn't you could see a urologist, but lymph channel inflammation is the most likely cause.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~