Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Every time I eat a few bites the food doesn't go down all

Customer Question

every time I eat a few bites the food doesn't go down all the way and I eventually start throwing it up. I had a lap band procedure back in 2005 but have not had it refilled in over 7 years. This just started happening about two months ago. Also sometimes when I stretch to much or strain when having a bowel movement it feels like my insides are twisting inside my stomach. I have to readjust my posture or lay flat on my back and stretch as much as possible for the pain in my side to go away.
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: no I haven't. the pain is better as I stretch out my body more. its worse if I do nothing.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have high blood pressure which is controlled by medication and I am about 40 lbs over weight 50 yr old female
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

You need to get evaluation here with a gastroenterologist !

You could have an esophageal structure as a possible concern

I think that you may benefit to get a modified barium swallow study and may need an EGD procedure to help evaluate this problem and your symptoms ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD