Dr. Ashori
Dr. Ashori, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
96392890

I have had itching at the base of penis on the underside. I

Customer Question

I have had itching at the base of penis on the underside. I also have itching under the pubic above the penis
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear about this

I'm Dr brims and will be happy to help

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Itching is worse sometimes than others

When did this start?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Months ago. Can i send pic?

yes

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Heres two shots
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I also have this spot which appear a couple of days ago i just looked like a zit and i tries to pop it now this is how it looks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ive also had itchiness under my nose both sides and this little itchy boil looking thing for weeks. With periodic breakouts like zits.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Heres another shot of base of penis on the top side
Expert:  Dr. Ashori replied 7 months ago.

One of the things we worry about with intent pitching is either scabies or pubic lice. Pubic lice or heart to see unless somebody looks very closely at the hairs near the shaft of the penis.

I don't see any signs of scabies because you don't have a whole lot of skin breakdown. The zit or blister that you popped does not appear suspicious though genital herpes can sometimes present as a simple blister however usually it is also quite painful.

Have you had any kind of burning when you urinate?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No burning when i urinate. The skin above the peins where the pubic hair is with the majority of the itch is also somewhat tender to the touch at times
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Heres two more pics one with flash

I certainly don't see any lice, the fact that there is also a little bit of discomfort could mean that you are developing a fungal infection.

Though these usually happen around the foreskin or in the groin they can happen in areas with a lot of hair as well. You would experience the itching.

Have you tried anything such as terbinafine? it's an over the counter cream, use it twice a day for one week.

I see no signs of an STD or other genital infection. No suspicious lesions on the skin. I would suspect either an allergic reaction to something or irritation from heat or sweating or the first thing I mentioned, early fungal infection of the skin.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When i have tight pants under armour running shorts or exercise it does seem to make the problem worse. all summer it bothered me and it has been a problem in past years

I think heat is certainly a culprit.

In the future as soon as you feel it coming on start using a good moisturizer in the area and use a little bit of hydrocrotisone 1% in the area twice daily maybe just 3-4 days out of the week.

But right now the skin looks a little irritated so the terbinafine would be effective.