A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I was wondering if you could help me, I just had my yearly

Customer Question

I was wondering if you could help me, I just had my yearly pap done and the Dr called to say he suspects I have trich and need to come back for another test. I am unsure how I got this. I am married and 100 percent faithful. My husband has hep c, so we always use a condom. Is there any other way to get this? Is it possible I have had this for an extended period of time and never knew it?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No I am not in pain, just shocked. I am on box, and take them continuous, so I only get my period once every 3 months
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I will be helping you today.

Trichomoniasis is infection with a protozoan parasite, and many people who have it (about 70%) never get any symptoms. So they can have it for years without knowing it. Treatment is a single dose of antibiotic, and it's best for your husband to be treated as well, even though you do use a condom.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Did you have additional questions about this before leaving a rating (hopefully a "5"). There is no additional charge for you, but a positive rating is the only way we are credited with answering questions.

Thanks!