A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Prominent perivascular spaces inferiorly in the right basal

prominent perivascular spaces inferiorly in the right basal ganglia only just had ct scan was knocned of my motor bike by a car. Have had bad heads all the time getting worse.Have working two jobs.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: 6 years working long hours makes it worse.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: never had headachs before the motorbike crash didn't have have a helmet on was knocked out.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I will be helping you today.

I'm having difficulty parsing this out (i.e. "...6 years working long hours makes it worse..."

"...Have had bad heads all the time getting worse...."

When did you have the motorbike accident?

How long have you had headaches?

When was the CT scan?

Was the scan done because of the headaches or for some other reason?

How old are you?

Thanks for the additional information.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi motorbike accident 6 years ago.Headaches all the time since motor bike accident have real trouble sleeping at night.CT scan year in October done because of headaches. I am 54 years old. My head has a strange feeling most of the time it has been like this ever since the motor bike accident. CT scan 2016 I am on Topamax. I am only doing one job now. Headaches wake me up after 2 or 3 hours sleep sometimes. Paul Farrell

Hi, Paul,

I'm so very sorry to hear about this. Sadly, the scan results are typical of someone with traumatic brain injury (TBI), as well as a couple of other things like multiple sclerosis. However, given the headaches, yours is almost assuredly from the TBI. Topamax is a typical medication prescribed after TBI to prevent migraine headaches. There are many other drugs that will also do this. This is something you need to discuss with your neurologist, since Topamax doesn't seem to be working for you. There are also anti-inflammatory medications (diclofenac, etc.) that can be used to help with the pain.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will I always be like this. I am a farmer sometimes I will have a sleep during the day .If I haven't had much sleep at night because of head achs.Is there any thing to help me sleep.