A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I have taken Prozac and Effexor XR together for over a

I have taken Prozac and Effexor XR together for over a decade, prescribed by my psychiatrist. I am now also taking PS100 to help with memory. I just started the PS100 and feel a bit "foggy" .will this go away?

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I will be helping you today.

There are no studies of phosphatidyl serine with serotonin or serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors. It is known, however, that it can interfere with some medications including anti-inflammatories and blood thinners. Since it is thought to improve brain messaging, the side effects you are having may be from it increasing the effects of your Prozac and Effexor. Generally your body becomes accustomed to this in a week or two of use. If it continues beyond that, you may need to consider stopping the PS100 or asking your psychiatrist to reduce the dosages of your other drugs.

Best regards,

Did you have additional questions about this before you leave a rating (hopefully a "5")? It doesn't cost you anything more to leave a rating, but it is the only way I am compensated for answering questions.