Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic

I am having a vaginal problem. i have a discharge and

Customer Question

hi . i am having a vaginal problem. i have a white discharge and sometimes it's thick, watery or clumpy. most times it has no smell only recently like a few days ago i have been getting a slight off smell. yesterday was the worst smell ever! was like disgusting. today the smell is less. other symptoms include white spots in the mouth,red vagina sometimes, itching , abdominal pain sometimes, flu like symptoms like coughing,sore throat, and fever , itching allover skin (no rash) , body pains here and there, headache sometimes . i smoke and drink as well. can you tell me what this might be?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the skin issue better or worse?
Customer: like a month now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i had a yeast infection long ago i went to my doctor two weeks ago and she said it was a yeast infection along with trich and today she is saying it might be chlamydia but i tested negative a month ago
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 8 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

Your vaginal discharge is bacterial vaginosis.

It occurs when the there is a bacterial imbalance in the vaginal flora.

It can be easily treated with either oral or topical antibiotics which need to be prescribed by your doctor.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating (bonus appreciated) as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!