How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Onlinedoc Your Own Question
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2780
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
Type Your Health Question Here...
Onlinedoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have hip pain really bad in my left hip. The pain is worst

Customer Question

Good morning,
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have hip pain really bad in my left hip. The pain is worst at night and it runs down the front part of the left thigh. It's like a numbness no sorry, it's like a numbness down the front of the thigh and it flares up around the left knee. My question is: is there an excerise that could ease the pain. It really only hurts worst during bedtime or laying down
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: It's worst when I go to bed or lay down on that side. I can only sit up to sleep comfortably
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I do have degenerated arthritis that began in my knees (both) and in my shoulders and now has spread. I have "no" carthige in either of my knees. I take 800mg twice a day of iponphrone for the pass 23 years. It's not working.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.

I understand your concern.

As per your description,it's nerve compression resulting in numbness,pain radiating to leg at certain positions like lay down.

Please go through link for exercises-

You should also consider physical therapy under physical therapist.

As you have degenerative arthritic changes so I would advise you to try such exercises gently and avoid forcefully as much as you can do comfortably.

Also warm compresses with a heating pad and gentle massage with topical diclofenac sodium ointment can be tried.

You should see your doctor if your symptoms'll persist.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 7 months ago.

May I help you more?
Feel free for further queries.
Waiting for your reply.