Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Why is there such a push for these vaccinations? An

Why is there such a push for these vaccinations? An extraordinary number of "Health Care Professionals" actually recommend against this massive money scheme. These vaccinations are, at best, ***** ***** combat a FEW of the influenza viruses. The other thousands or millions plague millions each year! There are really excellent sources for individuals to take natural foods and practices to remain healthy. The "MD" community just seems to be so locked step with "Big Pharma" that the concept of a patient conducting their life to achieve the healthiest body possible, is simply foreign! Can you address the benefits of "Food for Health" as opposed to vaccinations and inoculations?

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Are your concerned about the influenza vaccine or all the vaccines in general?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Just the ever present push for all to get "Flu Shots!"
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I will not call.

I agree with your view that flu shots are over-hyped. Since all these researches are done by the pharmaceutical companies and said to be double blind randomized controlled trials, the results may be biased and perhaps a tool to scare the people. The lay man go by what doctors say. And doctors may go by what their peers or researches mention, and none may go in the depth of the conclusions.

Here is a big study and conclusion is reproduced with the reference link:

Influenza vaccines can provide moderate protection against virologically confirmed influenza, but such protection is greatly reduced or absent in some seasons. Evidence for protection in adults aged 65 years or older is lacking. LAIVs consistently show highest efficacy in young children (aged 6 months to 7 years). New vaccines with improved clinical efficacy and effectiveness are needed to further reduce influenza-related morbidity and mortality.

Here is one of the biggest and latest research with reference and conclusions (it specifically mentions that need it is ineffective and results are biased;

Does the seasonal trivalent influenza vaccine (flu shot) prevent influenza or its complications in adults and seniors?

Bot***** *****ne

For healthy adults, the flu shot reduces the influenza rate when the vaccine is well matched (number needed to treat [NNT] of 12 to 37). A poorly matched vaccine has diminished effectiveness. For community-dwelling seniors, the NNT to prevent 1 case of influenza is 40. The flu shot has not been shown to decrease hospitalizations. Evidence that the flu shot decreases mortality is likely biased.

Hope this helps.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

My goal is to provide you with the best service possible. If you feel I have done so, then an "Excellent Service" rating is greatly appreciated! If not, please click "Reply" to let me know how I can better assist you with any additional information or clarification.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to be of help!

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.