Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I had rotator cuff surgery on Monday and have not had a bowl

Customer Question

I had rotator cuff surgery on Monday and have not had a bowl movement since sunday and I am hurting
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: no pain yet but a lot of discomfort and I've been trying to force the movement and can't get anything but tiny puffs of liquid and a few bits of feces. I don't know how long I can be like this before it becomes dangerous.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, I haven't had this type of problem before. And have had other surgeries.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 month ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

This won't be dangerous unless you have severe abdominal pain, bloating, distension and vomiting.

You may try over the counter products like dulcolax suppository or fleet oil based enema; which are available without prescription. You can also try any laxative too. Many over-the-counter options helps speed bowel movements and decrease straining. Duphalac is one of the best.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

My goal is to provide you with the best service possible. If you feel I have done so, then an "Excellent Service" rating is greatly appreciated! If not, please click "Reply" to let me know how I can better assist you with any additional information or clarification.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to be of help!

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
This is the link to my profile: