khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.

I was by an area were there were dead deer parts still with

Customer Question

I was by an area were there were dead deer parts still with blood on them during a 50ish degree night. It was most likely hit by a train as it was on train tracks and I was unsure whether or not I had stepped in any smaller bits of the animal. I had later fell hands first in a spot I had been standing in with my boots and landed hands first while I already had a healing cut on my wrist/hands and a hangnail that head bleed . My question is, is there a risk of rabies infection and is it worth getting the shot or am I being overly cautious. Also, is there any risk with getting the shot as in an actual rabies infection.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  khagihara replied 16 days ago.

Contact with blood, urine, or feces (guano) of a rabid animal does not constitute an exposure. Reassured.