Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I feel as though I have objects in my mouth. I can put my

Customer Question

I feel as though I have objects in my mouth. I can put my finger in my mouth and feel nothing abnornormal but my tongue feels feels it all. It goes from one thing to another I spit it out and its gone. But another substance comes in itsd place. I feel like I'm going crazy. A endodontis said I was clinching my teeth but its gotten worse. I busted my two front teeth in May and this started inin June. Could I be allergic to what my dentist put in to repair. Help.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 16 days ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 16 days ago.

it sounds like you are having parasthesias or abnormal sensations in your mouth

this can be due to damage to nerves in the brain or damage to cranial nerves.

you should ask to see a neurologist

and getting a brain and skull base high resolution 3 tesla MRI scan with contrast to look for damage or inflammation of the lingual nerve or hypoglossal nerve or trigeminal nerve.

it doesn't sound like you have seen a neurologist yet.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I had a neurologist, but I have moved in the last couple of months. I did have an MRI for a year ago and it was normal but I have fibromyalgia as well with most of it in my neck and down to my shoulders and back. I was in an accident almost 15 years although nothing broken lots of neck and back muscle strain. My neurologist believes that may have been the trasuma that started the fibro. But I've had migraines since I was a teenager. I see a Dr. On Thursday and hope to get a referral.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is there something that can be done?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 16 days ago.

yes, there are treatments which could help

but the cause needs to be found

and so you need more testing first

including consulting with a neurologist and getting a brain MRI scan.