Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

My wife is having an affair and now separately. However I am

Customer Question

My wife is having an affair and now I am Living separately. However I am finding it very hard to be away from my child.
I am unsure of how to handle this emotionally. There is a lot of anxiety as to whether I will get any physical custody of my child. What tools if any can I employ on this.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 20 days ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

The best way to deal with anxiety is a comprehensive approach. It can be treated by the following measures by yourself;

1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist but there are internet based approach nowadays too. CBT has higher efficacy and lower relapse rates.

2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.

3) Hypnosis

4) Acupuncture and acupressure

5) Yoga

6) Meditation

7) Group sporting activities

8) St. John's wort

9) Melatonin
10) Valerian root

11) Deep breathing exercises.

A major component of therapy involves understanding and assuring yourself that the symptoms are neither from a serious medical condition nor from a mental deficiency but rather from a chemical imbalance in the fight or flight response. CBT helps to understand how automatic thoughts and false beliefs/distortions lead to exaggerated emotional responses, such as anxiety, and how they can lead to secondary behavioral consequences.Cognitive restructuring involves substituting positive thoughts and getting rid of negative thoughts. Some studies have suggested that high importance to religion and religious practices also improve anxiety symptoms and prevent recurrences.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Can you advise on internet based solutions.

This is one of the link:

There is another one which is free:

If you search on internet, there are paid services too. Many of the psychologist give these services.
It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I am just concerned at the emotional trauma that I am go my through and how effective these items will be.

This is a very significant trauma. These therapies are highly effective and one of the best treatment and in many instances are better than medications.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.