Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I had some chest pain the past few days (along with some

Customer Question

I had some chest pain the past few days (along with some abdominal) but they have slowly disappeared or are very minimal now. I had an EKG about a month ago and the doctor told me that it looked great. I'm 29, eat well, work out often, have the occasional drink and cigarette. Could I be experiencing a stroke?
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: no and no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

Do you have heartburn,nausea?

Stress and anxiety issues?

Pain in upper abdomen?

Bloating and flatulence?

Pain during urination?

Are you taking any medicines?

Cough,fever?

Shortness of breath?

Thanks.

Waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not currently but the reason I went to the doctor originally was pretty bad heartburn (the prilosec helped - took it for a month)
I just got done with a project inspection so some stress of not passing and frustration but no mental breakdown or anything (doesn't feel super severe)
It started in abdomen just below rib cage on my left side but would move down throughout the day. very minimal today and none right now
Have been gassy not too bloated I don't think
No pain during urination (but also in last month there's some from the area that stops and starts flow - I know because I had what the doctor thought was a 'old man' infection a few years ago and the medication helps. have no clue what its called currently though)
I took some ibuprofen earlier but thats it
no cough or fever
no shortness of breath
....no real headache but my eyes hurt when i read without glasses which I have been doing for past hour or so for this purpose. actually none at all currently, just a little discomfort in my eye which again always happens...always same eye so that part is normal.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am supposed to go see my doctor next week or a cardiologist, i'll be looking for one on insurance tomorrow
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had a cigarette for the first time in about a week and thats when i felt it more drastically afterwards for awhile. it's going or gone back away now. I used to smoke more in the military and college but now a few a week and then sometimes I take a break all together or have a drunk night and have several in a few hours. But nothing crazy lately. Have been laid back in the social aspect of things.

Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.

As per your description,chances of cardiac disease/stroke are slim in your case.

Possibly you may suffer from gastroesophageal acid reflux which can result in chest pain,pain under left rib cage,upper abdomen,gassy and indigestion and heartburn.

You should take OTC Prilosec or Zantac when ever you develop such symptoms.

Your pain in eyes can be associated with eye strain due to refractive error in vision and reading without glasses is triggering factor.

There is nothing seem serious to be life threatening issue in your case.

However see your doctor for a clinical exam.

Avoid eating meals late night.

Do deep breathing while you feel stress.

Maintain a good hydration.

Avoid spicy,greasy diet and caffeinated drinks.

A referral to gastroenterologist is helpful if your heart is fine.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you. I will follow up in the morning if anything changes.

Your satisfaction is our goal.
we only get after positive feedback.

Thanks.

Take care.