Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I have been to the Dr's a few times now with swollen glands

Customer Question

HI I have been to the Dr's a few times now with swollen glands in the neck At first I thought it was one side but the the DR said it was my Neck area I am also getting some chest pains and headaches at the back of the head Dr has tested for strep an it is negative, he also ran a blood test (CBC, Mono, Kidneys etc) and I am waiting on the results I am a little concerned as you read all the things around cancer and it concerns me I really don't have any other symptoms like sore throat (dr said that it looks like I should have a sore throat) runny nose etc it is just swelling of the glands, some chest pain and headaches at the back of the head. I know my body and too me this just does not seem right
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: no fever around a week dr put my on antibiotics which I am, now on my 5th day
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nothing.....I do have some sinus issues at times, no allergies that I know of
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 months ago.

Hello!
My name is*****
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thankyou
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 months ago.

How many glands are there?

How large are they?

When did you consult doctor last?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I spoke with the DR yesterday where he took blood tests. He felt like it was sinus related however I feel like I know my body and to me it does not seem like sinus. I really do not have standard sinus symptoms like runny nose, sore throat, eye / face pains. It feels to me like something more than that. I have been on antibiotics which I am not experiencing any relief. I have swollen glands with really no other symptoms. My headaches I feel is likely coming from my swollen glands in my neck.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is somewhat concerning when you have swollen glands but no other symptoms. One thing the Dr did say was that looking at the back of my throat it looks like my throat should be sore....but it isn't which is somewhat alarming also
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for all the information,
I am sorry for your health condition.
Lymph nodes are often enlarged in an infection or inflammation.
Some medicines, allergic reactions can cause the enlargement.
Your doctor is likely thinking about infection.

Headache can occur in infection.
So he has prescribed antibiotic.
Malignant conditions can also cause lymph node enlargement.
In that cases, doctor would usually advise biopsy.
I feel you need not to worry much at this point.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Please rate my answer excellent if you are satisfied with it.
Regards.