Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

Can you please help me on how much time does livazo need to

Customer Question

Hello, can you please help me on how much time does livazo need to eliminate from body? I am pregnant and i absolutely need that information. If you find any related article, it would be very helpful too. Thank you very much.
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no, i have ta***** *****vazo for almost 4 months and the first 15 days after conception. Its really important to know when it totally eliminates from body
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

Plasma half life of Livazo is 12 hours.

So it will take about 3 days to be completely out of the system.

You can read this link on it.

I hope this information helps.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

Please rate my answer excellent if you are satisfied with it.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
hello, as i mentioned in my question, i need the washout period, ie the time at which all body parameters affected by the specific medicine return to baseline. In a research it was mentioned that for monkeys and only for kinetic parameters this is supposed to be 2 weeks. therefore, I don't want the time at which the specific dose of the medicine is no longer active.Moreover, i want to tell you that my card was charged twice for the specific answer above, which was not the answer to my question.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 16 days ago.

Regarding the charges, please contact customer service.

Please give the link of that research.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
paragragh:In vivo studies
comment: For the evaluation of recovery, we administered pitavastatin orally 2 weeks after the treatment with CsA and found that the pharmacokinetic parameters of pitavastatin returned to near baseline levelslink:
comment:If participants have taken cholesterol lowering drug, they will have wash-out period at least 4weeks.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 16 days ago.

The study showed drug interaction. 2 medicines were added along with pitavastatin. Those inhibited the clearance of pitavastatin by liver cells thus prolonging wash out.