A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I have been having a dull achy pain in the center of my two

Customer Question

I have been having a dull achy pain in the center of my two breasts and don't know what it is. I do have gallbladder issues but it isn't the same thing does not go to back of should blade
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: beano, aleve
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no I run, pretty healthy
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 19 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I will be helping you today.

Do you mean in the center of each breast, or in the bone between the two breasts?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
In the center

Thanks. The problem may be an inflammation in the cartilage that connects the rib(s) to the sternum (breastbone), a condition called costochondritis. An anti-inflammatory like Aleve, which you are already taking, can help with that.

It can also be gastric reflux. In that case, Aleve may just aggravate the condition. You can try ranitidine (Zantac) acid reducer over the counter. It should provide relief in a couple of hours. You should try to avoid greasy or spicy foods, citrus, chocolate, anything alcoholic or carbonated until you feel better.

Please let me know what additional questions you might have about this.

Kind regards,