Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts in July and was told that

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts in July and was told that they would go away. Here it is almost October and I am in the worse pain of my life. I'm at the er but I don't feel like they are taking me serious. What should I.do
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 2 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Salama MD,

It sounds like the pain you're having now is much worse than what you had before.

If this is truly the worst pain of your life then I would go to the ER ASAP because there is a condition known as ovarian torsion which is a surgical emergency.

If you feel that one ER is not taking you seriously, then go to another.

This is urgent.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating (bonus appreciated) as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How is ovarian torsion diagnosed? I have also been bleeding for about 4 weeks. Thebpain has had me doubled over for 2 days, I can not stand up straight and the er just told me the ultrasound they did looked normal but they couldn't see my ovaries

It is diagnosed with an ultrasound but if they couldn't see your ovaries then the next step would be a CT scan of your lower abdomen/pelvis.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well I believe they are sending me home with the watch and wait method I've been doing since before July. Because I let the pain go for a couple of months before I went to the Dr.

If you have not had a CT scan, then you absolutely need one at this time considering the level of pain you are in now.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My gyno said to have me in the office in the morning for another ultrasound. I don't really live close to another er but I know there is something wrong and they are not listening or taking me serious

I would still go to the ER simply for pain control and see your gyno in the morning if they release you.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating, thanks!