Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine
22950887

I have a question. I was clean for 2 yrs and I relapse on

Customer Question

Hello I have a question. I was clean for 2 yrs and I relapse on meth. I was wondering if I took baking soda will it still show up in he lab
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for this question. Actually baking soda would not show up on a urine drug test however it will alter the ph of your body which MAY reflect in the ph of the urine (depending on how much baking soda you ingest, however in most cases it wont affect the urine test). So you can use baking soda as it wont show up on the drug test HOWEVER there is no scientific peer reviewed evidence that baking soda actually works to remove meth from your system. This is a common myth which is prevalent in society now, meth will be removed from your system once it is metabolized by the body. Using baking soda wont help in getting it out of the body more quickly.

But to answer your question, you can use baking soda as it wont be detected on the drug test.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.