Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine

I have been having frequent prolonged deja vu's. Sometimes

Customer Question

I have been having frequent prolonged deja vu's. Sometimes followed by intense nausea. I googled those symptoms and am now worried it could be TLE or something neurological. This has been going on for days.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask do you have any headaches? Any numbness or weakness in the limbs? Any palpitations? Any episodes of loss of consciousness? Any other medical conditions?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later on.

The feeling of deja vu as well as intense nausea can be indicative of an underlying neurological disorder however in case of temporal lobe epilepsy, other symptoms usually do appear such as hallucinations(visual,auditory or smell based), abnormal sensations, sudden intense emotion not related to the situation in which you are in, numbness or weakness in one side of the body etc. Now prolonged deja vu by itself isnt enough to diagnose TLE as the cause for your symptoms. It is possible that this is simply a normal manifestation as ideja vu can occur very frequently in many patients however the nausea which you have does warrant a further evaluation.

It is possible that the nausea is unrelated to the deja vu and could be due to some other benign disorder like reflux which can cause nausea in the absence of other symptoms. BUT given that the nausea occurs after the deja vu i would like a complete neurological clinical examination be done at the minimum to determine if the symptoms are neurological in origin. I would suggest that you DO visit a neurologist and get examined and if possible also get an EEG done which would be helpful here.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,