Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have a medical diagnosis but cannot get a response. What

Customer Question

I have a medical diagnosis but cannot get a response. What does this mean?
Findings:
Moderate joint effusion. There is also mild diffuse subcutaneous edema.
Chondromalacia patella at the superior apex with some mild full thickness cartilage loss and subchondral edema.
Complex tearing body and posterior horn of the medialmeniscus including a radial tear.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

What is your age and gender?

Was there an acute injury?

What are the treatment done?

It seems that you are offline. So I am writing you the answer. Once you come online, you may consider asking follow up questions, if any.

Usually with your findings, an arthroscopic surgery (key hole surgery or minimal access surgery) would be required for the repair. This is followed by the physical therapy and deep electrotherapy.

Following would help you, meanwhile;

1) Physical therapy; this is the mainstay of the management of the osteoarthritis. Stretching exercises, strengthening exercises, mild weight bearing exercises, swimming on the week-ends etc would be helpful.

2) Deep electrotherapy; this entails going to physical therapy center and take care of specific issues which are more painful.

3) Glucosamine and chondroitin supplements

4) Diacerin too can be tried which suppose to regenerate the cartilage.

5) Local analgesic sprays

6) Acupuncture

7) Capsaicin (Zostrix, ArthriCare) is an irritant derived from chili peppers that provide relief by depleting a chemical that transmits pain from nerve endings. Various strengths are available without prescription. (It causes a burning sensation thus one has to be careful while applying and should wear a disposable plastic glove).

8) Acupuncture; most popular forms of alternative or complementary medicine, particularly for pain relief.

9) Analgesic patches too are available for the pain relief.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/