Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I've had some pain in my right shoulder for a few weeks and

Customer Question

I've had some pain in my right shoulder for a few weeks and it seems to be getting worse and I had noticed some possible swelling in my armpit and a little at my neck. This morning I woke up and it's bulging to where I can see it. My insurance is horrible and I had to go to the doctor because I know they are going to run all sorts of tests and scans and I can't afford that.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: The pain is in my shoulder and the lump in on my neck at the base
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I experience numbness and tingling a lot if I don't move around when doing things. If I'm in one position to long it starts I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism years ago and I moved from Houston to Dallas and the doctor took me off my meds. Now all my blood results are coming back normal but I've gained over 50 lbs back, tired all the time, fatigued and aching
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

How large is the swelling?

Is it firm or soft?

Does it move?

Is there any redness or any other symptom?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hard to say on size, it's raised but I would guess around the size of 1/2 a kiwi.
Soft
Doesn't appear to move
Didn't notice any redness earlier
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had noticed a little swelling in my armpit area and just thought it was inflammation since my shoulder has been hurting. For a few months I could feel a little swelling my neck but the doctor said they didn't notice anything. The last few days my should has really been hurting and when I woke up this morning I noticed I could actually see the area on my neck is raised.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was going to take a picture but I can't get the camera to show the area enough for you to see it. I have a pain in my arm all the time.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for all the information,

There is likely an inflammation as you thought.

An infection is possible too.

Sometimes,it can be enlarged lymph nodes.

This usually occurs from any previous inflammation , allergy, infection in its draining area.

An examination is necessary at this point as it is increasing in size.

Much tests may not be necessary.

Blood count, ultrasound can be taken.

Antiinflammatory pain medicines like motrin or naproxen can be taken to reduce the pain, if there is no contraindications to them.

I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

Please rate my answer excellent if you are satisfied with it.

Regards.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've tried all of that but thank you. ***** will have to go to the doctor since it's getting worse. My insurance is horrible and it doesn't cover much.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry for your insurance problem.

But I think, you may not need much tests.