Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

My husband went to the hospital on Wednesday for sever

Customer Question

My husband went to the hospital on Wednesday for sever abdominal pain. They did tests and found bladder stones. He has had an enlarged prostate for years, and was prescribed a pain killer and Flomax that day. He only took the pain killer a few times and the last dose of Flomax he took was yesterday morning. He was very constipated Friday and Saturday, so he took some laxatives a couple times several hours apart until he started going again. When he woke up this morning, he was very uncoordinated. He is on several medications for his heart, but only took the actual heart meds, not the blood thinner or lisinopril this morning. We were hoping his body would normalize during the day, but he seems worse now. Do we just need to let the meds clear his system, or should we go to the ER?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: He takes Furosemide, Lisinopril, Carvedilol, Eliquis, and Atorvastatin. This morning he only took the Atorvastatin and Carvedilol this morning since we were concerned about the meds making him weaker than he already was.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He is a 67 year old man, generally in good health but had an A-fib 1 1/2 years ago. He went to a family doctor 2 weeks ago for a badly bruised & swollen right arm. She didn't really do anything for that, but did give him a pneumonia vaccination. Last week at this time he seemed perfectly normal.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 month ago.

I'm Dr Brims and will be happy to help

What are his current symptoms?

Can you clarify what you mean by "he's uncoordinated"?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He got worse, so we wound up just going to the hospital. How do I get a refund?Joi Rapach