How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Onlinedoc Your Own Question
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2683
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649
Type Your Health Question Here...
Onlinedoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I accidentally swallowed one ounce of Chlorhexidine

Customer Question

I accidentally swallowed one ounce of Chlorhexidine Gluconate mouth wash. I am 83 years old, and weigh 210 lbs.
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.

I understand your concern.

As per your description,swallowing Chlorhexidine gluconate mouth rinse can sometimes result in nausea,stomach pain if taken more than 4 ounces.

So possibly ingesting one ounce wouldn't hurt you so much.

However you should continue to maintain a good hydration.

Eat a bland food,banana,yogurt.

Also take OTC Zantac.

And watch for any symptoms like vomiting,pain abdomen for next few hours.

Otherwise you'll be fine.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 5 months ago.

May I help you more?
Feel free for further queries.
Waiting for your reply.