Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Self employed 40 years experience Ob-Gyn
88055251

Oh I wasn't expecting a chat. Just trying to find my pain

Customer Question

Oh Hi. I wasn't expecting a chat. Just trying to find my pain sympton.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: 5-6 months. started with right foot - thought was related to ankle surgery 4 yrs ago, then pain worsened over time now both feet are this way...I struggle to get through my long hour days (Caregiver for Seniors and day begins at 8:00 am / 2 Clients and ends at 11:00pm - sometimes 10:30 - if I'm lucky.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I don't know - Right ankle is swollen at night but a cold wet rag does the trick for that...or better by morning rather.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 2 months ago.
Hello I'm Dr Manos, M.D. I can share my thoughts about your feet.
You obviously are on your feet as a caregiver and you have pain in both feet now. You must have been favoring the good foot and ankle but it's developing some inflammation taking more of your standing, lifting etc. If they feel better after resting and some local measures by you help, then it strain on the tissue of the feet. I guess your shoes are supportive and if not then you need to address it.
You might consider having a podiatrist check you and make suggestions. I didn't ask about your age but the more mileage you have on those feet, the more wear and tear can catch up to you. If you don't have other joints that are a problem then it would be a matter of your busy days. I hope my thoughts have been helpful.