Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

I want to induce my period so that is won't come on

Customer Question

I want to induce my period so that is won't come on vacation. AI just started bc 2 days ago and I don't like the way I feel
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No I am not in pain but I have extreme headache and I'm so tired and aggravated. My periods are usually every 28 days but this month it came 4 days early and if it stays on track it will come while im on vacation next week month and I don't want that so the pills were suppose to help me skip my period but I don't like how I feel
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I am in good health
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 month ago.

Many women feel side effects of birth control pills. Common side effects of oral contraceptives include: intermenstrual spotting, nausea, breast tenderness, headaches,weight gain, mood changes, missed periods, decreased libido, vaginal discharge etc.

To skip period for vacation you need to skip the placebo pills in the last week and start a new pack upfront and skip the placebo pills.

You can discuss with your doctor about other methods of birth control like IUCD as well if you don't wish to continue BC pills.