Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

Been smelling and tasting cigarette smoke for the pass 6

Customer Question

Been smelling and tasting cigarette smoke for the pass 6 months and it is getting worse making me throw up during the day. I do not and am not around anyone who smokes. It is making my head hurt now. What do i need to do. The earliest my doctor can get me in is the end of next week.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 month ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

That is abnormal smell sensation.

Associated nausea suggests likelihood of underlying liver disease or gallbladder problem.
Gallbladder is a reservoir of bile which is released to digest fat rich meals. If there is gallstone obstructing the bile flow you may get such symptoms. Also liver disease can present like this. Blood tests and liver ultrasound should be considered. You should follow a low fat light meals for the time being. Soup, rice, fruits, vegetables with some lemon juice sprinkled over may help with the nausea. Ginger also helps with nausea.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: