A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have been a steady marijuana user daily for many years. I

Customer Question

I have been a steady marijuana user daily for many years. I still have a smoke & .5mg Xanax for sleep. I have just been prescribed a 30mg dose of Cymbalta, and from what I have read the Xanax (.05) for sleep is OK with Cymbalta, but the Marijuana (also called Herb) is not good. Your opinion please.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Lisinopril 20mg.And major supplements.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really. I have told her about the Marijuana when she prescribed the Lisinopril, but it would not be out of character for her to have blocked the majijuana from her mind and I did ask for something for anziety, drepression & pain from post-polio scoliosis.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I will be helping you today.

Here is a list of the interactions among your drugs.

https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=2758-0,1476-0,949-2273,133-54

There is a problem with cannabis and alpraxolam (Xanax) and with duloxetine (Cymbalta).

There is also a problem with duloxetine (Cymbalta) and Lisinopril and with duloxetine (Cymbalta) and alprazolam (Xanax).

Not everyone will experience these interactions though so risk hs to be considered along with benefit.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~