Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I am 54 years old and the past week I've been getting a

Customer Question

Hi, I am 54 years old and the past week I've been getting a terrible pain in the back of my head on one side, it's not a migraine as I used to get those years ago, what could it possibly be?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: well I had it today and yesterday but not the day before, on Friday I had it and the day before that, no nausea though
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no, but about a week ago I ate my lunch and then threw the whole thing up about 20 minutes later and I can't remember the last time I threw up might have been at least 10 years
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Dr. Stan here to help you today. A severe headache that recurs needs to be evaluated with MRI or CT scan of the brain. The causes could be tumor, osteomalacia (decrease in bone in the skull), Paget's disease of bone (decalcification of the skull), muscle spasm, infection.

Please discuss with your PCP or Internal Medicine doctor to begin your evaluation.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. We are credited only after you give a positive rating of 5 stars for the information I provided. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Did you schedule an appointment with your doctor?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

I hope your headache has been evaluated and appropriate treatment started. Be well. Would you please rate my response, hopefully with 5 stars. Thank you.