A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Kindly can you assess my blood results? thanks in advace.

Customer Question

Hello
Kindly can you assess my blood results?
thanks in advace.
LEUKOCYTE 11.33 G/L
MCV 75.6 FL
MCH 24.7 G/ DR
RDW-CV 15.1 %
NEUTROCYTE 75.0 %
LYMPHOCYTE 15.1 %
AMOUNT OF
NEUTROCYTE 8.50 G/L
ALT (GPT) 43 U/L
PSA 8.26 NG/ML
I'm 60 years old
Fadi
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I will be helping you today.

There should be numbers in parentheses opposite each of these readings showing what is normal for that particular lab. Each lab will have different "normal" levels depending on the equipment they use.

The one thing that stands out immediately is a PSA of 8.36 ng/mL. Normal in most labs is less than 4.0 ng/mL. Higher than normal levels can come from a prostate infection, benign prostate hypertrophy (enlarging of the prostate with age), or from prostate cancer.

The rest of the results are of no particular concern. They may be slightly above or below whatever your lab considers normal, but they aren't diagnostic for anything.

Please let me know what additional information you need about this.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks. But for sure you have the averages. my results are in red color , so above for all and lower for for the LYMPHOCYTE , MCV & MCH

There is no color available in what you sent me. Lymphocytes, MCV and MCH are just part of a normal blood count. Evidently your lab flags then when they are above or below what they consider normal. However, about 1/3 of the population is outside of "normal." None of the results are concerning, except the PSA. Your medical provider needs to determine why it is so high.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You are right. The PSA was 12.3 and now is 8.
I will see my doctor in that concern. as for the others those are of real concern to me

The others should not be of any concern to you. It is a computerized report. As an example, when a lab considers a normal to be 2.0 to 5.6 and your level is 5.65, it will flag it as too high, and a level of 1.93 would be flagged as to low. In clinical terms, it means nothing.

As an example for your readings, you had an ALT of 43. Normal at my lab is 10-40. We don't even take a look until the level is 2.5 to 3 times the upper level of normal (i.e. 100-120). Even then all we do is recheck it in a few weeks. That is an example of how insignificant these other results are.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK thanks

You're so very welcome! Sometimes I think sharing these reports with patients causes them more stress instead of being helpful, since they don't know what is important and what isn't. Your numbers aren't worrying at all, except for the PSA. I'm glad to hear it is decreasing.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. I’m always happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me (hopefully a “5”) when you are done.