Dr.S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(Internal medicine/cardiology) MRCP(R) U.K

Could you please tell me if I need a knee transplant based

Customer Question

Hello could you please tell me if I need a knee transplant based on my. Impression....than you
Impression......advanced degenerative change in the knee with loss of cartilage space quite severely in the medial compartment and in the patella femoral compartment. There is a very badly degenerated and truncated medical meniscus, much of which is missing, probably arthroscopic ally. I believe the anterior cruciate ligament is not functional as such. There do appear to be a few fibeers crossing the joint. But some fibers appear lax and wavy and there is increased T2 signal at the site of the anterior cruciate ligament. There is a ganglion along the upper posterior margin of the anterior cruciate ligament just behind the posterior cruciate. The posterior cruciate looks intact and the medial and lateral collateral ligaments are intact..there is bony overgrowth appearing from the margins of the patella femoral joint both on the patellar and femoral side, and there is some spurring beginning to appear from the margins of the medial femoral condolences and medial tibial plateau. Subcontractors cystic change in the medial tribal plateau, and, to a lesser extent, in the medial femoral condolences with some bone marrow edema present is also evident......
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.S.A.Alam replied 1 month ago.

If you have symptoms of pain despite pain killer medicine and your activity is severely restricted then yes you need a knee joint replacement. To assess for the join replacement your joint is pretty severely damaged. it depends on your symptoms now. If symptoms are severe then you should proceed with joint replacement. Thank you.