Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I am researching the cause of my left eye and on occasion my

Customer Question

good morning! i am researching the cause of my left eye and on occasion my right eye not opening when i wake up. i cannot remember how long it has been happening but i would say roughly a couple of months. i have read that headaches are associated with some problems. i sometimes get a mild headache when i awake and randomly during the day but it does not last more than a few minutes. i have read that it could be the 3rd cranial nerve caused by a tumor or something else that might cause an aneurysm and i am scared. some advice says to get an mri but of course i do not have insurance and have not worked in almost a year. any advice? thank you!
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: not yet. i just started reading about it last night. didn't really think much of it because i am opening a new business, tired and stressed, not eating well, sleeping very little, not exercising and generally not living a health life! i just assumed every part of my body is yelling at me to slow down and give it a break.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not that i can think of. except perhaps i have had chronic allergies since i was a child. however, i moved to the virgin islands and happily have not experienced allergies since i moved here from texas.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

This can be nerve issue as you mentioned as following;

Trochlear nerve palsy

Abducens nerve palsy

Oculomotor nerve palsy

Internuclear ophthalmoplegia.

You also need investigations for;

a) Myasthenia gravis

b) Chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia

c) Autoimmune diseases.

Your symptoms need thorough physical exam and investigations.

This link will help you find a free clinic in your area:

http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/

I am sure you would be also able to find a doctor in your areas who would take fee payment in installment. You can contact the health authorities in your area.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

My goal is to provide you with the best service possible. If you feel I have done so, then an "Excellent Service" rating is greatly appreciated! If not, please click "Reply" to let me know how I can better assist you with any additional information or clarification.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to be of help!