A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have a test next week and normally have 4 beers a night

Customer Question

I have a test next week and normally have 4 beers a night what are the chances of passing and what can I do to help me pass my job depends on this thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

Are you asking specifically for ETG alcohol testing?

When have you taken your last dose?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not sure it's a blood test ctd carbohydrate test
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cdt
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 months ago.

The carbohydrate deficient transferrin (CDT) test detects heavy drinking which is defined as about 4 drinks or more per day. A "drink" is 1.5 ounces of spirits, 12 ounces of beer, or 5 ounces of table wine.

People who drink 4 drinks per day in 5 days per week of the two weeks leading up to the test will have high levels of CDT (i.e. 40 drinks spread over 2 weeks). It works similar to an A1C test for diabetics in that it shows high alcohol consumption over a longer peiod of time time.

You will need to completely abstain from alcohol and keep your fingers crossed until you have the test. That may allow you to pass it. In the future, moderate drinking is considered one drink per day for women and two for men. You will want to keep under that level to make sure you are never worried about passing the test again.

Please let me know what additional questions you may have about this.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much I shall not drink anything now and is there anything in particular I can do too help rid my system faster thanks again

There is nothing you can do to rid your system of the CDT. Just eat healthy, exercise regularly, and abstain from alcohol. You should be fine.

Best regards, ***** ***** luck in the future!

Schuyler

~

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. I’m always happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me (hopefully a “5”) when you are done.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~