Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I am a 37 year old man and just had my testosterone level

Customer Question

I am a 37 year old man and just had my testosterone level checked and the results were very low level. I've had no sex drive in a year and a half. I am married. Which is why I sought help. I had an enlarged prostate almost the exact time I lost my sex drive. My doctor is ordering more tests and said I could possibly have prostate cancer. Is this true?
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I dont think so
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Testosterone plays a role in sperm production, fuels libido, and contributes to normal erections.

Signs and symptoms of low testosterone are lower sex drive and sense of vitality, erectile dysfunction, decreased energy, reduced muscle mass and bone density, and anemia.

Testosterone supplements therapy are not advised in patients with prostate cancer as it is thought that testosterone fuels prostate cancer cells and it worsen prostate cancer.

Testosterone Replacement Therapy is not recommended for men who have

• prostate or breast cancer
  • a nodule on the prostate that can be felt during a DRE
  • a PSA greater than 3 ng/ml without further evaluation

It is possible for men with BPH to go on to develop prostate cancer as well.

Since you have a history of enlarged prostate probably your doctor want to rule out prostate cancer.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 3 months ago.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 3 months ago.