A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Pls help, I am going thru, especially when the weather is

Customer Question

pls help, I am going thru hell, especially when the weather is warm like now, I get really hot and droplets of water appear on top of my nose, I am fed up of constantly wiping the water off my nose, it can also appear above my upper lip and under my lower lip. I do get hot flushes , 9 am 43 and had a sub total hysterectomy 9yrs ago, i'm told I am peri-menopausal, the only symptom of the menopause is hot flushes. but these droplets on the skin on the nose are becoming very embarrassing when i'm out. help.........
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I will be helping you today.

Perimenopause really is a pain, isn't it!

Sweating anywhere on the body (including your nose) is a result of the hot flushes. Your doctor can prescribe antiperspirant to be applied to those areas that give you the most difficulty. It will make you more comfortable in company, although it won't do a single thing for the hot flushes. It just keeps you from having to wipe your face all the time.

Here is the web site that got me through menopause, which I started even earlier than you. I give this link to every woman who presents with menopause symptoms because its suggestions really do help.

https://power-surge.co/tag/menopause/

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

can any anti perspirant be used like http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/garnier-mineral-ultra-antiperspirant-deodorant-250ml?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=j3nko%2FVKyXoKjamDffJJvp8mDINl3%2B%2F2gI3zkNLyDauYKVrW53NatSPuj%2BIc%2FaB1k968KSNOdbTuzXEVuo2%2Fqzyqgd1w%2FZ4%2FnAw4PXCkQBl91PQwUqBdWqTzO0j7TWkJQR55Lvt4x9tHXBVRlaIdIYqHPAPoMwtliF2KM9WCPmk%3D&ddkey=http%3Agb%2Fgroceries%2Fgarnier-mineral-ultra-antiperspirant-deodorant-250ml

or does it have to be a prescribed one specifically for the nse?

You can certainly try that one. If it works, it will be cheaper than a prescription. If it doesn't you may need a stronger prescription product.

With this one, you don't want to spray it at your face though; you don't want it in your eyes, which would be very irritating! Instead spray a bit on your finger and apply that to your nose and upper lip.

Warm regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

ok I shall try that, thanks. i'll come back to you once iv tried it.

Great. Hope it will work for you.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. I’m always happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me (hopefully a “5”) when you are done.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~