Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

If I suspect I am allergic to peanuts and have a mild

Customer Question

if I suspect I am allergic to peanuts and have a mild reaction such as painful joints,
can i be tested at the non emergency health care clinic such as at a ready care? i just ate a lot of cookies over a couple days which were made with peanut butter, oats, egg, margarine and have very painful joints today. Also have eaten shrimp. I dont want to waste my time or the doctors time if there is nothing they can do. I have no other troubles, breathing ok etc.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

The ready care can do complete blood counts which may give an indication that your symptoms can be due to allergy (the blood count if show high eosinophils; points that you have an allergy). These clinics can also send your blood samples for in vitro allergy test which would come in around 2-3 working days. These specifically test for an allergen. Ready care can give you prescription strength anti allergic medications. You may meanwhile consider taking Benadryl, which is over the counter.

There is a skin allergy test too, which is done by the allergy specialist. This test is not available at ready care. This is considered one of the best test to identify the allergens.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/