A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I always have gas no matter what I eat, today I had corn and

Customer Question

I always have gas no matter what I eat, today I had corn and I am so uncomfortable
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: i have been taking over the counter, heart burn medicine and phazyme for the gas
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: i don't know my family history due to being adopted my health lately has been concerning with the stomachaches and fatigue
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to the site and thanks for your question. My name is***** and I'll help you with this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i recently cut out coffee and soda thinking that they also contributed to the gas with no change

Corn is one of the foods that give many people problems with gas. The outer part of each kernel is what causes the problem. However, if this happens with everything you eat, there is something else going on.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
everything!! The only time i feel ok is when i am hungry
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
well i am hoping that my card will no longer be charged since you are no longer responding. I thought this would be a quick little something, i could have gone to my actual doctor for free.

Sometimes the "something going on" is no more than eating too fast so that you swallow a lot of air with the food. In addition you want to avoid anything that causes gas such as chewing gum, peppermint, anything carbonated, chocolate. A lot of diet foods contain sugar alcohols that can give people problems as well.

However, since you are so uncomfortable and this happens all the time, I would suggest a trip to your medical provider. Both gastric reflux (GERD) and ulcers can cause gas. Both are readily treatable. Other things are Crohn's disease and other chronic bowel conditions. Sometimes these will produce diarrhea and/or constipation, but not always. Gas is common in both. Problems with the gallbladder can also result in poor digestion of food resulting in gas.

I wish it were possible to tell you exactly what was wrong, but it's going to require some testing to tell.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~