Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

My mother was diagnosed with NASH in her 80's She eventually

Customer Question

My mother was diagnosed with NASH in her 80's She eventually died from this. I just had liver enzymes checked. ALT 86, AST 51. My doctor wants to do a liver biopsy to confirm. Is this my 1st step. Or is there something else (besides diet changes) that should be done 1st. Then a liver biopsy
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. I am not a drinker. Walk lots. I have lost 12 # in 3 weeks, as I am over weight. I should probably be around 170. I am at 181 right now. Otherwise, I feel great. Just found this during a route CPE
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your mother passing from non alcoholic liver disease

I watched a documentary called "Sugar Coated" and it talks about how 1% of the calories from the high fructose corn syrup from soda gets converted into triglycerides and gets stored in the liver causing fatty liver.

sugar and sodas is the number one cause of fatty liver disease in the USA.

I'm glad you don't drink alcohol and you walk a lot and you are loosing weight.

cutting out sodas and diet sodas and all sodas is the best thing you can do right now.

eating no processed foods will help as well. there is a lot of loaded sugars in processed foods, even diet processed foods.

some NASH can be reversed with improved diet and exercise.

if you don't want a liver biopsy at this time, use the motivation of the liver biopsy to focus your energies on eating healthy, walking and exercising daily like your life depends on it. because it does.

you can exercise and eat healthier and loose weight. it can be done if your mind is in the right place.

best of luck to you

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
4
Thank you

you are welcome

do you see the ratings area?

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com