A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

Burning and stingy pulsating sensation to right transverse

Customer Question

Burning and stingy pulsating sensation to right transverse colon and rib area after eating and unexpected during the day. Symptoms started about 3-4 months ago. Thank u for your time.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is***** and I will help you with this.

Have you seen your primary provider about this or had any testing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No not yet

Thanks for the additional information.

Naturally you will need some tests to determine what is wrong. Some possibilities are problems with the bile ducts (cholangitis, gallstones), liver inflammation, hiatal hernia, pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), peptic ulcer, etc. Blood work and an ultrasound would be necessary and perhaps an upper endoscopy. Further action would depend on what those tests show.

In the meanwhile, you can reduce fatty foods and alcohol from your diet, and try to eat small meals several times a day. This doesn't cure anything, but it should make you more comfortable until you can get the tests you need.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. I'll be here to answer your follow-ups.

Kind regards,

Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Sonia,

Just checking to see how you're feeling, and if you have been for an examination yet.

Kind regards,