Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I went to the emergency room on Friday night for a chemical

Customer Question

I went to the emergency room on Friday night for a chemical burn on my foot the burns seems to be spreading and I'm not sure if I need to go back to the emergency room or if I can wait to see a doctor on Monday or Tuesday
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Any treatment you are taking right now? Any diagnosed medical problem? Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No they said I have to follow up with a burn clinic but we don't have any in the area.

What are your symptoms right now? Is it possible for you to send me a picture of it? Do you have any fever, paain, discharge from wound etc? Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Very painfully around wound numb around the toes and top of foot and
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's also shaky

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Yes you can wait till Monday. Your burn is extensive but it's not very deep. If you are not on any pain killers, you can start taking OTC tablet aleve twice daily. Moreover you can apply a mixture of 1% hydrocortisone cream, Lidocaine cream and Neosporin ointment till you see your doctor. Hopefully these measures will help you. I reassure you that nothing sounds serious and you are going to be alright soon. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you

You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards