Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I mistakenly used the Clear care plus, 3% Hydrogen Peroxide

Customer Question

I mistakenly used the Clear care plus, 3% Hydrogen Peroxide cleaning and disinfectant as a wetting solution on my contact. This solution was a burning sensation. I took the contact out of my eyes and rinse it with tap water. I am also using an eye drop. My eyes calm down but it feels dry and is still a little red. Did I damage my eye? This happened about 12 hours ago.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,it can be irritant conjunctivitis.

And chances of serious eye damage are less.

You can use lubricants (artificial tears) such as Celluvisc or Soothe Xp and this will help reduce the irritation/dryness and redness.

If it is worsening by tomorrow, you can get it looked at but it should be better. Do not use contact lenses until your eye is back to normal (day or two).

Take OTC Motrin and Zyrtec at night.

Also continue cool compresses with cool water 2-3 times a day.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.