Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

My daughter has autoimmune neutropenia and has been

Customer Question

Hi my daughter has autoimmune neutropenia and has been complaining of stomach pain on and off since yesterday. She vomited once this morning then seemed to be feeling better so I thought maybe something she ate didn't agree with her. But again around 7pm she started complaining of stomach pain again. Her temperature is 96.8 which is low for her but I'm not sure if I should be concerned. The hematologist only said to call if she had a fever. Should I be worried about the stomach pain and low temp?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 month ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

This may not be worrisome but need an evaluation by her doctor, with her medical history of autoimmune neutropenia and with abdominal pain, vomiting and low temperature. These symptoms may be indicative of some infection or inflammation like appendicitis, salpingitis or intestinal infection. She would need an ultrasound for ascertaining the cause. Many infection may not raise the body temperature for a very significant duration.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

Hope you are doing very good.

Please let me know if I can help you further.