Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Self employed 40 years experience Ob-Gyn
88055251

I want to know which to take: Ligaplex 1 or 2. I used to

Customer Question

I want to know which to take: Ligaplex 1 or 2. I used to take Ligaplex1 and it was wonderful - many years ago. I broke my ankle last Dec. and must have also twisted my knee. It hurts all over again and I need to take Ligaplex again (I had surgery for ligament repair in '68). But, I or II?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: I take WOBenzym and Hyuralonic Acid which was great for my knee and my arthritic big toe before I broke my ankle (12 screws and pins, 2 plates). So the swelling is down. But the area below and the side of my inner knee really hurt after it's in one position too long. Once I get walking it gets better, but always a dicey situation.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm 73? Female. Was a dancer. Am young for my age.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 3 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Manos MD board certified ObGyn. I've had experience with ligaplex and either I or II will help. I had knee trouble and I was mobile but a compression fracture of the 4th lumbar vertebrae in 1995 has caught up to me. I don't know if the ligaplex helped the knees but a cane gave me mobility. I had double knee replacement and the knees are better but the back is worse. I'm back to a cane. A properly used cane can help mobility particularly with ankles. I'm also 73 yo and my days of mobility taken for granted are over. I'm trying to shed 60 pounds and support myself with nutrition products and some type of weight support for now. Asking for a wheelchair at the airport has also been a welcome convenience and they are more available these days
Again, either I or II will help but you had a nasty injury.