DrPhilMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internist-Trained and practicing in the United States.

I have been feeling sick for 2 weeks now. Extreme fatigue,

Customer Question

I have been feeling sick for 2 weeks now. Extreme fatigue, weakness, weight loss, pain in my back, and neck pain are the primary symptoms. I was bit by a tick 4 weeks ago. I was diagnosed with a UTI 12 days ago and wasput on Macrobid. I went back to the doctor because I still felt crappy and he switched my medicine to Cipro assuming that the infection was in my kidneys. I have been on that for 6 days. I still feel awful- similar symptoms but back pain has gotten worse and the addition of abdominal discomfort (a feeling a fullness). I got a lyme test on my own and it came back negative, but several bands were positive. IGM 23, IGG 30, 41 and 66. My dog also had similar symptoms about a month ago. UTI/kidney infection that persisted for weeks and never resolved. A lot of people say the ELISA test is unreliable. I was wondering if I should try to find a LLMD or if I should look for other causes. Can the antibiotics I am taking alter the results?
Category: Health
Expert:  DrPhilMD replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for this question

The Lyme tests are notoriously inaccurate. Both positive and negative

I would recommend that you find a doctor willing to treat.

I would go with 21 days of doxy

that should take care of it.

Let me know if you need more help

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Expert:  DrPhilMD replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply